Monday, March 22, 2010

No white stuff has fried my brain!

First, let me apologize for all these days and weeks passing without a post. Besides having technical difficulties, it appears all the travelling has taken its toll on my brain. Because I was so unhappy with the constant travel, I somehow developed a writing roadblock that I couldn't find my way around. And then to make matters worse, I allowed Satan himself to come up with my sacrifice for lent season. He somehow coerced me into giving up white stuff! Why the HELL would I give up the one thing that makes me sane and happy while I am on the road. I LOVE FOOD! I am very passionate about food! ALL FOOD! Especially everything white! White bread, pasta, flour tortillas! It had to be the devil because when I prayed and asked God for strength, he said, "who told you to give up white stuff! I surely didn't." He told me instead of giving up something you should have added something." Well now I know he meant for me to add some enjoyment to my life. With all this travelling I have the opportunity to write about what I love and gain ideas for my dream...

So I'M BACK!!! I'm ready to give you all the best I have to give. I am currently in Philadelphia but this first post will be about an Italian restaurant I visited this weekend in Washington D.C.

The name of the restaurant is Paper Moon. It is located in beautiful Georgetown. That might be the only positive thing I say about the spot. Well the host seemed like he may be Italian. I was there with one of my faves, Delo. We sat down ready to have great drinks and good food. All I wanted was a glass of wine or a frozen drink. Our waitress made it clear that Moscato was by the bottle (even though it wasn't on the wine list) and the riesling wasn't by the glass! Then when I asked for a Bellini she said it wasn't frozen. I was confused. This place made bellinis with champagne and peach schnapps! Don't ever order this!! Its not good! You couldn't taste the peach!

Our food wasn't much better. Paper Moon had a small menu with their dinner suggestions. I decided to order from that menu and get the spinach ravioli verde. It was spinach and cheese stuffed ravioli with either, alfredo, meat sauce or vodka sauce. I ordered it with the vodka sauce only to have the waitress return to the table and tell me they didn't have it! How is it a dinner suggestion and you don't have it! So I had to get the most boring thing on the menu...lasagna! I like lasagna but not when I'm trying new things! The lasagna was the size of my head and it wasn't great. There was nothing special about it. Nothing authentic to it. On top of that they gave us some non-blended oil and herbs and tomato sauce for the italian loaf they served. That was nasty! There was absolutely no taste to it bc it wasn't blended.

This post is long enough but as you can see Paper Moon gets a OH NO Mama Mia from me. Don't waste your time or money.

Talk to you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment