Saturday, November 13, 2010

Falling In Love All Over Again

I haven't written a blog in months. Mostly because I haven't been inspired to write. I started this blog to write about my passion for food. Well along the way I found a new love. I found something that makes my heart happier than food. He's beautiful inside and out and he has inspired me to write again. So here it goes...

Today I went to visit Columbia, SC to meet my special someone's parental units. On the way down, I asked my special someone what is Columbia known for and we both agreed not much of anything. LOL! I was already nervous about my visit and now I couldn't even have a topic of food to talk about with my special someone's parental units because Columbia is known for nothing.

When we arrived at his parents' house they were preparing a wonderful meal for us. The menu was steak, chicken, yellow rice, salad, and bread. YUMMM!!!! His mom was in the kitchen preparing the side dishes and his dad was going to put the steaks on the grill. Well before his dad would put the steaks on the grill, he informed my sweetie that he would be cooking them. I had never seen him cook before. I didn't know what to expect.

About 20 minutes later, the food was ready to eat. I ventured into the kitchen and fixed my plate. I got a little bit of everything (minus the chicken)...IT WAS DELICIOUS!!! I was so happy. All I could do was smile. Besides the fact that I was hungry, I got to enjoy a great steak dinner.

The steak was perfectly seasoned and was tender too. The yellow rice was full of flavor. I even enjoyed the salad with ranch dressing (and I don't normally eat ranch dressing)!

While we ate this wonderful steak dinner, we watched a hilarious movie together. Afterward dinner we left Columbia. I thought about what I had asked on the way down. About what Columbia was known for. Well now I definitely have an answer. Columbia will always be the place my sweetie fixed a great steak dinner with his parents and I fell more in love with him but I fell back in love with food.

I know this post wasn't really about food but just know that: I'M BAAAAAAAACCCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!! I will be posting more posts including recipes for the cold weather and the holiday season.

Until next time remember....don't play with my food!

K

3 comments:

  1. So nice to see you inspired and writing again! It's a great thing when a man can cook and cook well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that made me smile! :) love seeing you happy!!!

    ReplyDelete