Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Afternoon Love Affair with Strawberries

Today was a slow day on the food front. I was so busy at work I didn't get the opportunity to explore with my food. I met up with an old friend today and we went to an oldie but goodie for lunch. CHEESECAKE FACTORY. You know, there is something about Cheesecake Factory that is oh so satisfying. I think its the fact that no matter what the price, you know you are about to get a plate full of food. Way too much food! But good food. I decided to get my usual lunch entree of a small plate of fried zucchini and the appetizer BLT salad. Both were absolutely delicious but not the highlight of the meal. Oh no....the highlight of my meal was the tall, cold, glass of strawberry lemonade!

Now, I don't know about you but I LOVE lemonade, especially strawberry lemonade. If I just want regular lemonade I can go get one from Chic-Fil-A but if you want the best strawberry lemonade experience of your life...RUN to Cheesecake Factory.

They seduce you with this nice, tall glass of strawberry lemonade. It is the perfect shade of red with all the seeds floating thru it. The seeds tingle every taste bud on your tongue so that you can experience every second of this perfect drink.

There really isn't a big secret to what they are doing at the Cheesecake Factory. Anyone can have this type of moment with this drink at any time if they just practice making it at home. Practice makes perfect! See the recipe is quite simple. They mix this strawberry concentrate into the lemonade but what makes it sooooo good is that the concentrate tastes just like the BACARDI Strawberry daiquiri concentrate that you buy in the frozen section of the grocery store. (And it probably is since the drink is made at the bar) And in place of the rum, they have added a shot of lemonade.

There is soooo much strawberry in this drink that you feel like you there is an eruption in your mouth. They mix all that together and pour it into this glass full of ice and the rim is encrusted in sugar.....ummmmmm. You just want to lick the rim of the glass!

By now I'm sure you are asking what makes this strawberry lemonade so good? Well I will tell you. Once it is gone....they give you FREE refills!!! OMG!!!! They just keep coming back giving you more and more!!! (I guess I really paid for it since the drink was $4.50.) I was so excited I got a to-go cup of strawberry lemonade and it was just as good in the car and at my desk.

I'm telling you....I didn't try a local spot today but I had an afternoon love affair with some strawberry lemonade. It was a great afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. i may have to go to the factory tomorrow to try that damn lemonade! yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um are you really working or making ppl want to be greedy and eat and forget about diets! I vote Cheesecake Factory all the time!!! Hmm maybe that may be the bday spot. Can't go wrong with ole faithful!

    ReplyDelete