Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sweet Home Alabama

This morning I woke up knowing my fate couldn't be avoided anymore...I was going to Birmingham, AL. BOOOOO!!!! Although my excitement was very subdued, I knew just what to do to get me ready for my road trip. The same thing I always do when I leave NC...go to Bojangles!!! YAY!!!!

You never truly appreciate the Cajun Filet Biscuit Combo with cheese until you can't get it! And this morning they must have known that I needed it to be really good because that was the best combo ever!! My biscuit was full of buttery goodness and it was actually HOT! OMG! My fries had extra seasoning without me asking for it and my tea was extra sweet (which means it was pretty much syrup, just the way I like it!). The cajun chicken took over the biscuit and the cheese was melted to perfection. YUM!!

Now that I had my traditional departure breakfast, I was ready for the road. Drive was perfect (except for the hawk that almost flew directly into my windshield). I didn't even stop until I got to Talladega to get some Starbucks! I was like Ricky Bobby when I saw that sign. I dashed across the highway off the exit and into the drive thru. There is nothing like an iced coffee with 4 splendas when you need a pick me up.

Now I am in my room wishing I could re-create that breakfast from this morning. :( I'm off to find my first meal in Birmingham, hopefully it's a good one...

No comments:

Post a Comment