Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Leaving The Ham!

I have been trying to think how to summarize my stay in Birmingham. I mean...I met very nice people and I ate good food but...I am sooooooooooooooooo ready to get outta here!

I had a great time eating my way around this city (or at least the part of the city closest to my job and hotel!). I will never forget the deliciousness of Chappy's with that Maple Turkey Croissant. Or that incredible Grilled Shrimp Greek Salad from Taziti's. And I didn't even get to tell you about my trip to California Pizza Kitchen. I know its not central to Birmingham but I generally do not like California Pizza Kitchen but this time I tried the Roasted Garlic Chicken Thin Crust Pizza! HOLY MOLY BATMAN! That pizza was so incredible. There was a ridiculous amount of roasted garlic chunks all over this pizza. The crust was extra crispy and was almost like flatbread. The chicken was thinly sliced and it was perfectly cradled under the cheesy goodness that was all over the pizza! OMG! This was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC!!!!!

Okay I digress...I was supposed to be wrapping up Birmingham not continuing on and on about that faboulous pizza!

While in Birmingham, I also found a newfound appreciation for Jason's Deli. I'll be honest...I had never been so I was basing all my opinions of the place on what others had said. Well I finally tried it and I really liked it. Its not my favorite place but I found two things that I would go back and order over and over again. That Plain Jane Potato and this salad (I forget the name so maybe it was so great after all). The Plain Jane is full of butter, cheese, sour cream, and best of all BACON!!! You can't go wrong with any of those ingredients. And then they cover a potato the size of my head! Its a potato on steroids! Seriously! The salad that now has no name had pumpkin seeds, apples, dried cranberries, leafy mixed greens, and BACON! YUMMY! Then it is covered with this wonderful balsamic vinegarette. Good stuff all the way around!

Panera Bread gave me the best potato soup I have ever had while I was in Birmingham! I always get the potato soup but it is generally runny. This particular day the soup was thick and creamy and full of chunks of potato and BACON! It was seasoned perfectly and it was heavenly.

Ok, ok, ok...I have to stop. Overall my stay here was long but it was so good. I'm not going to miss it but I will have fond memories of it. Until we meet again...

No comments:

Post a Comment