Monday, January 4, 2010

Chappy Happy

Today was my first day of my new job. My whole complaint about this job has been that the people in charge aren't organized. So when I made it to the office this morning. I wasn't surprised to hear that two of the temps that were supposed to be working weren't coming. So now in a job where I am supposed to be a supervisor, I am doing other stuff to compensate for us being understaffed. I WAS DOING THAT IN THE TRUST DEPARTMENT WHICH IS WHY I WAS SO UNHAPPY!!!! CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GIVE PEOPLE JOBS!!! (just in case you didn't know, i was screaming that last sentence) Luckily for me the people who did show up, my manager & one temp, were extremely cool. We worked hard and we worked well together to get some stuff done.

Anyway....the highlight of my day was lunch (of course!). At first I was told I was going to have to go to Wendy's. YUCK! DOUBLE YUCK!! Instead, I got to go to a local favorite called Chappy's. The name suggest that this is a hole in the wall in a shopping center somewhere. It was in a shopping center but it was actually a nice deli!

I had one of the best wraps of my life! YUMMY!!! It was called a Chicken Bleu Wrap. It was filled with this perfectly grilled real chicken breast that was sooooooo juicy! UMMM.... And then it had big leafy lettuce that was so crispy! UMMMMM................... And then they had the audacity to put fresh strawberries and peaches in the wrap. CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And they topped it with a mountain of bleu cheese, almond slivers, and balsamic vinegariette. HEAVEN!

I was having this crazy explosion of flavor in my mouth. The grilled flavor of the chicken. The sweetness of the fruit mixed with the tangy/saltiness of the balsamic vinegariette. And then the crunchiness of the almonds mixed with the creaminess of the bleu cheese. Wrapped in this light white tortilla.

It was so delicious. It made me so Chappy Happy that I will probably go back tomorrow for some dessert. Can you scream BANANA PUDDING AND RED VELVET CAKE!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG!

On a day where the temperature didn't get above 30 degrees, I felt warm and fuzzy all over because of my Chicken Bleu Wrap. Maybe Birmingham isn't so bad after all..........then again, it's only Day 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment