Thursday, January 7, 2010

Chappy Greek

(Yesterday was pretty tiring at work so I didn't post anything. Hope this makes up for my absence because yesterday was a great food day!)

My day was very busy yesterday. I was putting together my first big shipment at work and making sure it got sent off with all the necessary paperwork. After a very physical morning (I was lifting heavy boxes) I treated myself to another great lunch at Chappy's! It makes me so happy! I decided to try something different since my wrap was sooooo delicious, I figured I probably couldn't go wrong with anything on the menu. My decision was difficult but since it was lunch I decided to go with a sandwich called the Maple Turkey Crossiant. All I can say is OMG!!! This sandwich was so amazing. Let me just start by telling you about the crossiant. It melted in my mouth like ice cream. It was so light and buttery. Each layer was to die for! Then with this perfect piece of bread they added massive amounts of this maple turkey. This turkey tasted like it had been prepared at the Honey Baked Ham Store. It was so flavorful and smokey but sweet all at the same time. And then I added my favorites lettuce and spicy brown mustard. This sandwich was amazing!

After eating one of the best sandwiches of my life, I headed back to the office to complete my work day. How many more boxes could I possibly lift? Well I lifted about 30+ boxes and prepared them to be shipped and then had to wait on the UPS guy to pick them up. After a hard days work, all I wanted to do was eat a good dinner and go back to my hotel room. I decided to try this little Greek restaurant by Chappy's called Taziti's. Anyone that knows me from Columbus knows that I love Greek food. I could've eaten Happy Greek everyday in law school and just about did!

I go into Taziti's and the aroma in the place is killing. I felt like I could've eaten everything it smelled so good! I walk up to the counter and look at the menu and I'm completely overwhelmed with all the options. But I decide to keep with my healthy kick and I get the Greek Salad with Shrimp. It sounds pretty boring but far from it! This shrimp was LARGE! Normally if you get shrimp on a salad they are so small you can't tell the difference between the shrimp and the feta cheese! It's sad. Not on this salad. There were nine big beautiful succulent shrimp draped in garlic, herbs, and butter. They tasted like the mediterranean...like GREECE! What I failed to tell you about this meal is that the chef (a 50+ year old black man) told the waitress to tell me that he prepared this meal especially for me....dirty old man syndrome!!! I don't know if he did something special to the shrimp for me or gave me some extra shrimp but either way...THANK YOU CHEF!!

I had a great Wednesday. Food was excellent which is good because due to the nonexistent snowy weather in Birmingham, I had to eat Jason's Deli and McDonald's for lunch and dinner respectively! All I know is that I have maybe two more weeks in Birmingham and I am becoming a Chappy Greek thanks to these two little places!

2 comments:

  1. Ok so you feel my pain of leaving beyond my wonderdul DC area food choices!!!! Yea for food of all cultures :)

    ReplyDelete