Friday, January 1, 2010

A New Beginning for the New Year!

So everyone has been telling me to start a blog for all my recipes, food critiques, and travels. Well I thought the best day to make a move would be January 1, 2010. My first post will be about the first traditional meal of the year: New Year's Dinner

Out of all the holidays, the traditional New Year's meal of collard greens, black-eyed peas and pork is my least favorite. YUCK! I know others thoroughly enjoy it but I am not a fan of any of those items. I only eat them because of what they are supposed to represent...collard greens (money), black-eyed peas (change or wisdom) and I'm not sure what pork represents (probably just high blood pressure)!

I remember liking all these things at some point but now I would rather pass! And I don't dislike pork (I heart BACON. YUM!). I dislike pork roast. I absolutely don't like black-eyed peas (there's no preparation that will change my mind!).

Although my least favorite meal, I do love spending time with the family while they scarf it down like its the only way to have good fortune throughout the year!

I'll keep you posted about the meal but I know my day will go the way it generally does...I will be thinking about what I will get to eat once all this food is gone! Thank GOD for January 2!

1 comment:

  1. i mixed my collard greens and BEPs in with my mashed potatoes! it was delish! :)

    ReplyDelete